Mission: The 2013 Summer Esto Vir Academy is one component of the 2013 Summer Academy. This program component provides assistance for Chaminade student who are in need of remediating academic credit.
Faculty: Summer courses will be taught by Chaminade's faculty. The 2013 Academic Tutor List is available as a link on this webpage.
- Summer courses will be taught in private tutorials. Arrangement for scheduling tutorial sessions are to be made between the parent, student and the faculty member. Please contact the summer faculty through email.
- For each .5 credit course, students are required to complete 20 hours of instructional time with the teacher and 10 hours of academic assignments.
- For each 1.0 credit course, students are required to complete 40 hours of instructional time and 20 hours of academic assignments.
- Locations for private tutorials generally include Chaminade classrooms, the Chaminade Library and local public libraries.
- Students are required to maintain an academic portfolio of all summer coursework.
The private tutor will outline all summer course requirements (i.e. assignments, quizzes, tests, reading, research, etc.)
Upon completion of summer coursework, the student's tutor will be required to submit an academic portfolio, time-on-task documentation (available as link on this webpage) and a numerical grade.
- Summer coursework does not alter the student's grade point average.
- Student transcripts will reflect completed 2012 summer coursework.
- Chaminade's Library will be open June and July from 9:00 AM - 2:00 PM, Monday - Thursday.
- Students are required to complete all academic definciencies by Friday, July 26, 2013. Failure to comply with this school policy will result in non-admittance for the 2013-2014 academic school year.
Tuition: A .5 credit course=$950.00 and a 1.0 credit course=$1,900.00. Payment in full in the form of a check made payable to Chaminade College Preparatory School is due at the first tutorial session.
Attendance: Regular attendance is required. A third absence from a tutorial will result in loss of credit and the student will be dropped from the course. Summer tuition is non-refundable.
One Additional Tutoring Option to Remediate Loss of Credit:
1) Six week summer school programs are available in various locations. Local public school districts offer a wide range of summer courses and can be contacted for additional information. These programs generally run from early June through July. Please Note: Enrolling in a six-week summer course with most public school districts will award the student .5 credit. Please be certain to make this inquiry regarding the amount of credit that will be awarded. In the past Chaminade students have enrolled in six-week courses believing that one full credit would be awarded only to learn that they remained deficient of .5 credit.
Questions: Please address any questions to Dr. Stephanie A. Kralemann, Associate Principal of Academics and Curriculum at firstname.lastname@example.org or 314-993-4400 x1146 and/or Mr. Dan Karcher, Director of the 2012 Summer Academy at email@example.com or 314-993-4400 x1169.